Your IBD and treatments might affect your school attendance or performance. You might have to miss school when you have medical appointments or if you’re feeling really bad during a flare. Remember, you are still responsible for learning the required subject matter. To help you do that, your parents can request a 504 (Accommodation) Plan. Once your health care professionals and the school identify how your IBD could affect you in school, a 504 Plan is created that lists the accommodations, special services, or adjustments that you might need. 

School Accommodation 

Once an evaluation of your needs is completed, accommodations, special services, or adjustments to your school activities due to your IBD can be made. These accommodations can include, but are not limited to: 

Even if you are doing well and do not feel like you need a 504 Plan, it is always good to have it in place—just in case.

The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America has a 504 Plan template for you and your caregiver(s).  

Powered by Blackbaud
nonprofit software